Tuesday, January 24, 2012 | By: Unknown

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Title: Goddess Interrupted
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin
Publication Date: 3/27/2012
Genre: YA
Main Themes: Mythology, Romance, Magic, Realms, and Family
Pages: 299
Plot: (From Goodreads)

"Kate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry,

she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part.  Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive.  Then in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.  
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus.  But in order to navigate to endless carverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone."


First I would like to thank Netgalley and Harlequin for allowing me to have a copy for review!  I was so thrilled that I was approved for a copy that I couldn’t wait to get started, I actually did something that I would normally never do- I put aside the book I was currently reading to read this first!

Goddess Interrupted was emotionally stunning, breathtakingly imaginative, and astoundingly striking! This jaw dropping novel had me hypnotized; I couldn’t put it down and was held in a trance until the last page was flipped.  Now I am left desperately pining for the next edition, Goddess Inheritance.  Until then I will wait to get my Goddess fill from The Goddess Hunt.

Aimee Carter continues her original and imaginative story in Goddess Interrupted, and I must say that I could barely hang on as this tale took turns that I was never expecting.  Left grasping for something to hang onto, I continued to be blown away as Aimee dug deeper into the Underworld and created a magically intertwining tale.

Kate was still the same old Kate.  She was still the same girl even though she made it to goodess-hood.  She was still earnest, selfless, rational, stubborn, and chivalrous.  But she had an issue of self worthy and trying to prove herself to the rest of the council.  She also had a jealousy issue with Persephone and was   haunted by Henry’s past.  Henry’s poor tortured soul shows itself in this novel, as he still blames himself for the other eleven girl’s deaths and his broken marriage.  While Henry’s apprehension continues with Kate, he has trouble expressing his feelings and is concerned that she will leave just as Persephone did.

Goddess Interrupted earned itself an A+, as is was a very compelling read and the cliff hanger will leave you breathless and begging for the next book!  If you were a fan of The Goddess Test then you have to find out what happens next, as this one will surely blow you away.

My Rating: 20/20
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment