Saturday, February 11, 2012 | By: Unknown

Review: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Title: Angelfire
Author: Courtney  Allison Moulton
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: February, 2011
Genre: YA
Main Themes: Angels, Reapers, Guardians, Death, & Romance
Pages: 453
Plot: (From the Dust Jacket)

“First there are nightmares.  Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories. When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp.  His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries.  On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie’s power, and she knows that she can fight the creature that stalks her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie’s memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt. Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls.  But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and the truths that may also be too frightening to remember.”

I have been eyeing this book for a long time. When I learned that there was a book signing coming up for the second book, I knew I couldn’t wait any longer!   I had to prepare myself for the second book that was about to be released.  It was absolutely amazing and I’m glad I didn’t have to wait for the second book to come out!

Angelfire was suspiciously tantalizing, viciously engaging, and forcefully vigorous!  I felt compelled to stay awake all night to finish this book and then longingly pine over the next one.  This was a novel that will keep you guessing, I never knew what was going to happen until it smacked me in the face!

Courtney created a dark, mysterious, and perilous world that is nothing like I have ever heard.  This imaginative tale is one that truly stands on its own as it’s a refreshingly modern and very bloody.  I would also like to add that there are some astoundingly descriptive fight scenes; I really mean it when I say that that it was completely remarkable, they create a vivid picture that flows perfectly!

Ellie was by far my favorite character!  She is a picture perfect heroine; I found that she was witty, crazy strong, fierce, persevering, feminine, and clever.  Plus she has a pair of very cool swords.  Once she accepted her duty and learned to cope with the responsibilities, she always entered the fight with her swords blazing (literally)!  We can’t forget about Ellie’s faithful Guardian, Will, who loyally protects Ellie in all their battles and helps her recover her lost memories.  Will is the genuine nice guy as he carries out his guardian duties ensuring that Ellie is always as close to happy as possible!

I felt that Angelfire earned an A+, as it was a richly compelling read.  I really couldn’t stop myself once I started reading it.  It is definitely a brilliant read and I feel that there is going to be a lot more to come from Courtney Allison Moulton in the future.

My Rating: 20/20
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5


Angelfire Trailer



0 comments:

Post a Comment