Tuesday, March 13, 2012 | By: Unknown

Review: A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

Title: A Touch Mortal
Author: Leah Clifford
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: 2/22/2011
Genre: YA
Main Themes: Death, Angels, Demonology, Romance,
Pages: 419
Plot: (From the Dust Jacket)

“Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her.  Not his unbelievable pick-up line.  Not the instant, undeniable connection.  And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long, happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell.  All because she gave her heart to one of the fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had.  She may be betrayed by those she loves most.  But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game.  Her heart is her own.

And that is only the beginning of the end.”

A Touch Mortal has been in my to-read pile for some time now, when I discovered that the launch for A Touch Morbid was happening in a month I knew I had better get started!  So to get prepared I started reading, then I couldn’t stop reading, when I turned the last page I was awestruck and completely dumbfounded!  This book was amazing and why did I wait so long to start reading it!  I guess that is my own stupidity for waiting so long; but on the upside I didn’t have to wait long for the next edition, A Touch Morbid.

A Touch Mortal was menacingly cryptic, wickedly ominous, and brutally sinister!  This ruthless novel tore its way into my heart and gouged out a hole for its self to stay curled up in.  From the very first sentence to the very last sentence I was mesmerized by this gravely rapt tale.

Leah Clifford created a dark and gritty setting and constructed a new paranormal race along with Angels.  Mash everything together and this becomes one fresh and imaginative story.  Leah has this peculiarly baffling writing style that will keep you on your toes as the novel almost seems to be shrouded in secrets and mystery.  I found A Touch Mortal is kind of like a puzzle as I kept fitting together small pieces of information until eventually the whole picture snaps together and I was left absorbing and reeling.

I don’t feel like there is much I can say about the character’s of the story without giving much way.  So I will say that Eden held all the strong points that a main character needs; she was stubborn, considerate, honest, resolute, and determined.  Then there is Eden’s love interest and hot boy of the story Az, who is all consuming and devoted to Eden.  Always nearby is Az’s best friend, Gabe, who is always watching out for everybody.  Last but not least there is the very intriguing Kristen.  All of these remarkable characters come together to make this tale truly masterful.

A Mortal Touch earned an A+ in my bookshelf, as this morbid novel was an intense and rebellious read!  I would highly encourage this to readers as I believe it will blow your mind.  If you are looking for something new and original then this is the book for you.

My Rating: 20/20
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5


A Touch Mortal Book Trailer


0 comments:

Post a Comment