Saturday, November 5, 2011 | By: Unknown

Silence Review

Title: Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: October 2011
Genre: YA
Main Themes: Fallen Angels, Romance, Kidnapping, Magic, & Amnesia
Pages: 438
Plot: (From the Dust Jacket)

     "When Silence is all that's left, can the truth finally be heard?
     Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life.  After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks- with no one knowing where she was or who she was with- she tries to get her life back on track.  Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge her Mom's creepy new boyfriend.
     But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch.  Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.
     And this unshakeable feeling that a part of her is missing.
     Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to.  He seems to hold all the answers... and her heart.  Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love.  Again."

     Becca Fitzpatrick created a wonderful world of mysterious fallen angels and Nephilim that was full of suspense, adventure, and romance that will keep you at the edge of your seat and begging for more!  As I am a huge fan of the Hush, Hush series, I found that Silence wasn’t an exception.  It was brutally transfixing, sadistically gripping, and viciously riveting!  It held everything and more than the beginning of the series.  I seriously can’t wait for the next installment. 
     The Hush, Hush Saga continues to amaze me with an intricately woven plot that twists, turns, and then does a back flip.  I was truly astonished right to the end and then had to take time to reflect upon the story.  This story is genuinely one of its own and I can’t think of anything that is remotely like it!
     Fitzpatrick has a breathtaking way of describing the chemistry of Nora and Patch that is all consuming and sincerely swoon worthy.  I fell in love with her brilliant writing style in Hush, Hush and Cresendo.  I continued my adoration in Silence as well as pining for the fourth installment.
     Nora and Patch have taken their thrilling romance to the next level in this novel!  With Nora having “amnesia” and piecing together the shattered remains of her life; she scours for anything or anyone (Jev aka Patch) that will make her regain those lost memories.  I was pretty upset when I realized that Nora had forgotten Patch but then I realized that I got to relive falling in love with Patch all over again through her and I was enthralled!  I was a big supporter of Nora in Silence as I felt that she really stepped up in this novel.  She took a proactive stand to figure things out, as well as fiercely stand up for herself and her beliefs.  Patch on the other hand continues to be utterly mysterious and protective.  You find that he sacrifices everything but you still want to question whether he is trustworthy.
     I give this remarkable book an A+, as it was absolutely incredible.  If you are interested in paranormal romance then I would strongly suggest giving this series your time!  As I have thoroughly enjoyed it, I’m positive that you find yourself completely engrossed.

My Rating: 20/20
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment