Wednesday, October 12, 2011 | By: Unknown

Blue Bloods Series Review

Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz-
I found Blue Bloods to have a refreshing take on vampires and fallen angels.  Melissa De La Cruz has created a beautiful world that is unsparingly original and romantically entrancing.  I truly enjoyed the characters; there really is one in there for everyone.  In a world of high society blue bloods my personal favorite was Schuyler, I discovered her to be compassionate, humble, persevering, & beautifully ordinary.  The plot line is one that will grab you and make you succumb to your needs of finishing the book.  There was only one thing that I didn’t like about Blue Bloods and that was the excessive explanations of what clothes they were wearing…I know that some of it was needed to understand the wealthy life of high society and the pretentious school they went to.

My Rating: 19/20 (A-)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing style: 4


Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz

Masquerade was deliciously suspenseful and ultimately unrelenting!  This book was all consuming as Schuyler hunts for her last remaining family member and starts her vampire training.  As the intricate plot line is woven you discover new alliances and old enemies are still lurking around every corner.  While enemies are waiting for their perfect opportunities to suddenly attack, Schuyler and Bliss is still effectively pursuing their vampire traits to overcome the hardships that they are bound to confront.  I absolutely adored this edition of the story as the characters develop and you start to see a delicate romance and fierce plot unfold into a masterful tale that one wrong choice could have disastrous repercussions!


My Rating: 20/20 (A+)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5

Revelations by Melissa De La Cruz

As you plunge deeper into the story Revelations will send chills down your spine as you discover secrets that is edition holds.  This book was absolutely heart wrenching and alluring as you uncover major details of the romantic relationships as well as ruthless death and destruction that will leave the conclave in shambles.  This story has a unique newness that it takes so many twists and turns that I couldn’t ever guess what was going to happen next.  Upon finishing this novel I was left absolutely horrified, the ending of this edition was one that had such an inconceivable close that you will be left shell shocked!  With being left so distraught it made me jump into the next book, The Van Alen Legacy…


 My Rating: 20/20 (A+)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa De La Cruz

As the biggest book in the series I found The Van Alen Legacy to be as thrilling and entrancing as Blue Bloods, as suspenseful and unrelenting as Masquerade, and as alluring and ruthless as Revelations!  I thoroughly loved this book! I don’t know if I can find the words to explain how truly masterful this book was!  As the story continues again I am left appalled, I can’t fathom how Melissa De La Cruz thought of this brilliant plot and wove together all the intricate details!  From the beginning to the end I was sitting at the edge of my seat in suspense wondering what was going to happen next.  Melissa De La Cruz had this beautiful way of writing that makes you feel as if you know everyone’s secrets and no one knows about them yet.  Then with each book ending on a cliff hanger it is truly difficult to not immediately pick up the next book.  

My Rating: 20/20 (A+)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5

Keys to the Repository by Melissa De La Cruz

I found Keys to the Repository to be very enlightening and insightful.  It gave you inside information to series and deleted scenes that were useful in comprehending the story.  As you are reading the series you don’t necessarily have to read this book to understand the series, you could just keep going on without it.  But if you would like inside information then I would highly suggest it!

My Rating: 19/20 (A-)
Originality: 5
Plot: 4
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5





Misguided Angel by Melissa De La Cruz

Misguided Angel was absolutely beautiful and tantalizing!  The plot thickens as Mimi is now the regent of the New York Coven.  I truly loved getting to see her in a different light, one that shows her putting the vampire community before her own needs.  I also adored getting to see Schuyler and Jack together and was extremely worried for them as they worked to fulfill the Val Alen Legacy.  Then there was a new character, Deming, who was mysterious and intriguing.  Altogether it made for a riveting read that will have you grabbing for Bloody Valentine next!




My Rating: 20/20 (A+)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5


Bloody Valentine by Melissa De La Cruz

This was a great installment to the series as it held romantic stories about three of the main characters in the epic tale.  I know that this book looks like a filler novel but I felt it held wonderful insight that was crucial to understand before continuing on with the series.  As this was a short read it was very entertaining and beautifully written, if you love the romantic aspect of this series then you have to read this!

My Rating: 20/20 (A+)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5



Lost in Time by Melissa De La Cruz

Lost in time is difficult to talk about without revealing spoilers so I’m going to keep it vague but as the newest novel in the series it was definitely the most intriguing out of all of them.  This book had my full attention and I could not stop thinking about it until I finished it.  It was alluring, seductive, suspenseful, heart-wrenching, & utterly engrossing!  As secrets were spilled and long awaited questions were answered as Melissa De La Cruz created (in my opinion) the best book of the series, but in doing so she also opened about twenty more questions.  My only problem with this is that the next book, The Gates of Paradise, doesn’t come out until January 2013!  Until then I will look forward to Wolfpack for Bliss’s part of the story which will be out in September 2012.

My Rating: 20/20 (A+)
Originality: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Writing Style: 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment